- First of all obtain the latest Adobe Reader Installer from this page: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Extract the contents of the downloaded archive using the following command: InstallerName.exe -nos_ne which will extract the contents to: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\AdobeReader 9.0\Setup Files\READER9 for Reader 9 and C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Setup… for Reader X.
- Optional for X (since Adobe seems to have caught up): download updates from this page, then add them to the default install by editing the setup.ini file with the following line in the [Product] section:
This should allow you to install Adobe Reader in its most up to date version without too much headache.
- Download the Adobe Customization Wizard for 9 or Adobe Customization Wizard for X and set the settings you like, make sure an AcroRead.mst file is created next to the MSI. That will enable you to run setup.exe without switches in a completely unattended mode.
You will notice that now matter how you install your operating system, the network adapters order is very likely to be wrong, usually with the wireless adapter at the top.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”.
- On the left pane, click on “Change Adapter Settings”.
- Press the Alt key on your keyboard then on the menu bar that appears, click Advanced > Advanced settings.
- On the first tab, “Adapters and Bindings” check what connection is at the top.
If you need to automate the attribution of local admin rights, use the following script, that will save you quite a few clicks:
If you want to be able to set the local admin password but also leave the possibility to make it blank, edit the following file scripts\DeployWiz_Validation.vbs in MDT 2010 and scripts\DeployWiz_AdminPassword.vbs in MDT 2012:
ValidatePassword = ParseAllWarningLabels NonMatchPassword.style.display = "none" If Password1.Value <> "" then If Password1.Value <> Password2.Value then ValidatePassword = TRUE NonMatchPassword.style.display = "inline" End if End if ButtonNext.Disabled = not ValidatePassword End Function